Saturday, March 28, 2009

It's been a couple of good junkin' weekends!

Ahhh... Nebraska a good place to junk!




In the last two weekends we hit two estate sales, 
one indoor flea market & several thrift stores.
It was fun to finally be out junking!

I found 2 scrabble games! Jack pot! 
The tiles and holders will become messages 
and the boards I've been collecting will  be placemats.




Most of our finds will end up at our 
Spring show at W.S. (a.k.a. The Whistle Stop) I went to
the shop to take pictures and on top of the tub of letters 
was W.S. I had to take a picture! I ordered these
block type letter from Primitives by Kathy. They 
are fun to create anything you want to say.


These items we found at an estate sale in South Omaha.
The ad read 50 years of accumulation!
I thought the 70's storage box was a hoot! I think
I had my bedroom in that pattern once upon a time!

The skates, Santa boot and envelopes will
arrive at the W.S. at Christmas. 
You'll have to wait to see what we have 
planned for the envelopes!


This loot was all from a Tag sale in Fremont, NE.
Buckets, a wire basket, an old oil crayon box, bank boxes,
a couple of kitchen items and an old blue cane.
I have plans for the globe either for Halloween or Christmas.
All the rest will be at the Spring show in May!




This little charmer we found at the Good Will.
The colors are shouting "It's Spring!"



I saved the best for last!
This one, I think will be a keeper! 
I can envision a little girl with pig tails flying, 
as she peddled down the sidewalk. 



The collecting has finally begun 
for the next show at 
The Whistle Stop Country Store! 

1 comment:

  1. Love the bike! Looks like you found alot of cool stuff. I've got a friend in Logan, IA, right across the border from Nebraska. Looks like I need to make a road trip...! Andrea

    ReplyDelete